COVID Quarantine Guidelines for Positive Cases and Close Contacts
Current COVID-19 Guidelines
If your child tests positive for COVID:
- Isolate at home for five days (Required)
- May return to school on day six (date of positive test is day 0) IF:
- Symptoms significantly improved AND
- No Fever within past 24 hrs with out fever reducing medicine (eg: tylenol)
- Wearing a mask for days 6-10 is STRONGLY recommended.
If your child is a close contact of a positive COVID case:
- Monitor for symptoms for 10 days after exposure
- Testing recommended 2-5 days after exposure
- Tests can be negative one day and positive the next, so retesting is recommended.
- Please keep your child home until symptoms resolve if they have two or more COVID symptoms.
If your student is identified as a close contact from school, you will be notified by Columbia staff as soon as possible.
Please call Columbia School at 509-722-3311 or email firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.